printing from FreeBSD to a WinXP print server

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Fri Jul 21 02:02:20 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 16:36, Kirk Davis wrote:

> [...]

OK. I installed apsfilter with
'make BATCH=yes APSFILTER_ALL=yes install'

On running SETUP script and selecting the hpjis driver the script informs me
that my installation of ghostscript does not support inclide this driver. I
browsed through the Makefile in print/ghostscript-gnu and cannot find any
mention of ijs. I KNOW there is support there somewhere, because this printer
worked fine when it was attached to my FreeBSD box. (Until CUPS became so
broken as to be useless.) Any hints on how to configure apsfilter for use
with an HP DeskJet 3650?

David
--
Sure God created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.