radeon option agpmode 4 hangs system

Karol Kwiatkowski freebsd at orchid.homeunix.org
Tue Jul 18 11:12:56 UTC 2006

On 17/07/2006 21:15, Gobbledegeek wrote:
> After  a long search and  no  solution in  sight,  I  have  to ask here -
> many people  have  reported  this problem, the xorg  developers
> deliberately default to  agpmode  1x because they  know it hangs
> unpredictably otherwise.  The problem  has  been  around  for a few
> years now.
>
> Am  I stuck with  agp mode  1x  for  good?   I'm  sorry I  brought  a
> radeon  in  the first  place.  Pay for mobike  but  ride a
> bullock-cart!

Do you have "AGPFastWrite" "on" in xorg.conf by any chance? My radeon
card works well with AGP 4 but locks up when fast writes enabled.

That's Radeon 9000 Pro, agp and drm in the kernel, FreeBSD 6.1-Stable,
Xorg, xorg.conf:

% Section "Device"
%         Identifier  "Card0"
%         Driver      "radeon"
%         VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
%         BoardName   "Radeon RV250 If [Radeon 9000]"
%         BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
%         Option      "AGPMode" "4"
%         Option      "EnablePageFlip" "on"
% EndSection

HTH,

Karol

--
Karol Kwiatkowski  <freebsd at orchid dot homeunix dot org>