Problem in Starting KDE

Sean M. sigma_zk at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 06:52:54 UTC 2006

OK, that one little thing has made it about 80% perfect now. Just three
details:

1) It takes an awfully long time to start up. I guess this is related
to the next point:

2) The output from 'startx' is still mostly the same as before:

xauth:  creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.566
### <Standard X startup message> ###
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
Warning: kbuildsycoca is unable to register with DCOP.
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
Reusing existing ksycoca
### <Still a pagefull of kbuildsyscoa mime-type warnings> ###

3) In the course of using Konqueror, I see

kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"PKCS7_content_free"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"PKCS7_content_free"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf"
kio (KLauncher): ERROR: SlavePool: No communication with slave.
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"PKCS7_content_free"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf"
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data

get written.