radeon option agpmode 4 hangs system

Gobbledegeek gobbledegeek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 19:22:51 UTC 2006

After  a long search and  no  solution in  sight,  I  have  to ask here -
many people  have  reported  this problem, the xorg  developers
deliberately default to  agpmode  1x because they  know it hangs
unpredictably otherwise.  The problem  has  been  around  for a few
years now.

Am  I stuck with  agp mode  1x  for  good?   I'm  sorry I  brought  a
radeon  in  the first  place.  Pay for mobike  but  ride a
bullock-cart!

Googlers! Don't  buy radeon folks! You've been  warned!

Rgrds

PS:  please cc me as  I'm not subscribed.