Alt Gr key troubles in FreeBSD

nocturnal nocturnal at swehack.se
Mon Jul 17 07:57:00 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm sorry for the late reply but i thought i had sent you an e-mail when
actually i had not.

I tried all the things you mentioned and i discovered that the problem
can easily be reproduced in any application. It's simply a matter of me
not letting go of the shift key fast enough. I reproduce it by typing
any number of characters in caps with the shift key down and then
directly switching to pressing the alt gr key and hitting the 8
character for example in order to produce the [ character on Swedish
keyboards. This is when the output becomes silent and nothing happens.

I tried on a co-workers computer which runs Windows and it's the same on
that system. It's been a while since i properly used the Windows system
so i had forgotten that it was like that there to.

No reply is required to this thread as i have found out that this is
just the way the driver works on both FreeBSD and Windows systems. So i
have my answers.

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal
[Swehack] http://swehack.se