Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Thu Jul 13 18:13:00 UTC 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Danial Thom wrote:

> --- "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC"
> <chad at shire.net> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 13, 2006, at 10:47 AM, Danial Thom
>> wrote:
>>

>> SMP has overhead but FreeBSD on 2 processors
>> can do more work than
>> FreeBSD on the same HW with just 1 processor.
>> That is a fact.
>>
>>> Are you people stupid or delusional?
>>
>> No, and the data you posted did not support
>> your allegations of
>> performance either.
>>
>> Chad
>
> I doubt you have the capacity to understand the
> tests, and as they say,  you can't educate the
> woodchucks.

You can doubt all you want.  The plain fact is you said things like
200-400% and the tests and commentary did not support that.  You also
inferred that a 2 CPU system in SMP mode would overall be able to do
less work than a 1 CPU system in UP mode.   Again, you have given no
evidence that this is true and the stuff you quoted did not support
that.  It did say that there is overhead in the SMP code that makes
things less efficient and that the overhead is more than comparable
OSes, at least for the Sparc T1 stuff.

You are the idiot, Mr. Thom.  You may be intellectually smart but you
are a blooming idiot when it comes to public discourse.  And I will
take the advice given earlier, to stop feeding the trolls -- you are
a supreme troll.

I may make 2 recommendations:

#1 read "How to win friends and influence people" .  Here is a quick
synopsis.  <http://www.mrdata.net/Amazon/Carnegie/friends.htm>

#2 learn how to use your email program and to trim posts you reply to.

signing off
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC