CUPS, one more try

E. J. Cerejo edu07643 at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jul 13 13:09:05 UTC 2006

"Donald J. O'Neill" <donaldjoneill at gmail.com> escreveu: On Wednesday 12 July 2006 22:42, E. J. Cerejo wrote:
> I've been trying to configure my HP Officejet 4315 using CUPS 1.2.0 but so
> far all I can do is configure a printer using the web interface and I'm
> able to print a test page but when I try to print any other document I'm
> unable to print, I get that quick popup window saying that cups is starting
> but nothing else, but today I notice something else whenever I run lpstat
> command I get this:
>
> "Printer 'pr-b at localhost' - cannot open connection - No such file or
> directory Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol
> Printer 'pr-b at localhost' - cannot open connection - No such file or
> directory Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol"
>
> pr-b is the name of my printer, through some googling I found out it maybe
> looking for my printer, do I need to edit some other file to tell lpd where
> this printer is?
>

> EJC
> www.only7bucks.com

Did you happen to check /usr/bin/ to see if lp, lpq, lpr, and lprm are there?
If they are, you need to either remove them or rename them. Cups installs
these in /usr/local/bin and since it's later in the path, they're never used.

Don

I just did what you told me but I still get the same message when run lpstat, and still can't print.

EJC
www.only7bucks.com