CUPS, one more try

E. J. Cerejo edu07643 at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jul 13 03:42:22 UTC 2006

I've been trying to configure my HP Officejet 4315 using CUPS 1.2.0 but so far all I can do is configure a printer using the web interface and I'm able to print a test page but when I try to print any other document I'm unable to print, I get that quick popup window saying that cups is starting but nothing else, but today I notice something else whenever I run lpstat command I get this:

"Printer 'pr-b at localhost' - cannot open connection - No such file or directory
Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol
Printer 'pr-b at localhost' - cannot open connection - No such file or directory
Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol"

pr-b is the name of my printer, through some googling I found out it maybe looking for my printer, do I need to edit some other file to tell lpd where this printer is?

EJC
www.only7bucks.com