Boot hangs at "/bin/sh?", can't see USB keyboard

Erik Nørgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Wed Jul 12 18:44:05 UTC 2006

Chris Shenton wrote:

> Any suggestions how to get it to see the USB keyboard in the boot?
> This Dell box doesn't have a non-USB keyboard input.

The keyboard usually works on the boot menu as the bios is in control.
So, exit the menu to load the kernel modules you need, usb, ukbd and
uhid I think should do. Then boot into single user mode.

For next time, this happens, I suggest you build a kernel with usb
keyboard support built in. I think the GENERIC kernel now supports usb
keyboards by default, which explains why the boot option has been removed.

Cheers, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org
X.509 Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/8D03551FFCE04F0C.crt