IMAP server alternatives

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Tue Jul 11 20:00:49 UTC 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Erik Nørgaard wrote:

> It seems that dovecot wins the votes - but does it support virtual
> domains? Any tips on migration?

That all depends on how you store your user data.  It is not  dovecot
or courier issue.  I have both courier and dovecot working in
parallel on the same mail store.  The dovecot is currently just for
testing and the courier is in production (for the last 4 years or
more).  We store the domain as part of the user name in a custom ldap
database and courier and dovecot have no issues interfacing with it
with the proper config.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC