Migrating from mbox to maildir (was Re: IMAP server alternatives)

Josef Grosch jgrosch at juniper.net
Tue Jul 11 18:41:21 UTC 2006

Javier Henderson wrote:
>> I saw a dramatic improvement in speed with both Thunderbird and
>> Squirrelmail after switching from mbox to maildir.
>
> How did you handle the transition from mbox to maildir?
>
> -jav

I just moved one of our mail servers over to postfix and dovecot using
maildir. There is a wonderful tool in the ports collection that migrates
  an mbox file to maildir. It's call mb2md and can be found at

/usr/ports/mail/mb2md

Josef

--
FreeBSD 6.1         | Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
Josef Grosch        | from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic