Unattended installations

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 19:17:21 UTC 2006

Matias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work for an ISP, we offer currently Linux and Windows dedicated hosting
> services and I'm trying to convince mi boss to start a new product based on
> FreeBSD.
>
> Now he is asking me for how we could do unattended installations..... I've
> an idea of how to do it, but seems like I have a lot fof work ahead... is
> any howto, tutorial, guide, etc?

http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pxe/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pxe/article.html

Is an example of how to set things up to install over a network.  You can
also install in a similar way from CD Rom by supplying a configuration script
to sysinstall, exactly like the install.cfg file described in the PXEBOOT
article.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Flat 3