default umask for Apache

jekillen jekillen at prodigy.net
Sun Jul 9 20:17:40 UTC 2006

Hello;
I've not had to do this on a Unix system before. But now I have Apache
running as nobody and
have php scripts creating and writing to directories. The files it
creates have the default mask
rw-r-r and I want to change it to rw-rw-- so I can remove the files and
dirs with group write permissions
via ftp.
I'm using default csh.
I don't remember where to find this info in Complete FreeBSD, or other
sources.
so:
<question>
How do you change the default mask for a user like Apache on a Unix
system?
</question>
(I assume there is a separate default for both files and directories.)
Other wise I have to manually cd into each directory, remove the files
as root,
cd back, remove the dir, cd to the next, etc. It could add up to
hundreds of
directories with multiple hundreds of files to remove.
Maybe I could practice shell scripting with this, or modify the php
code to unlink
the files and remove the dirs. But i may need to save some for future
reference.

thanks in advance;
JK