after i upgraded 6.0 to 6.1, do i need to rebuild all of the ports i installed?

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Sun Jul 9 15:36:45 UTC 2006

lveax wrote:
> after i upgraded from freebsd5.4 to 6.0 in 2005,i got some error when
> run a part of installed ports was installed in version 5.4,until a
> committer tell me to rebuild all of my ports.
>
> now i want to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1 do i need to do this?

No.  This is what a "stable" branch means -- you can upgrade from 5.x to 5.x
or from 6.x to 6.x without rebuilding everything, but when you upgrade from
FreeBSD 5.x to FreeBSD 6.x you have to rebuild.

> i have already got the source tag: RELENG_6_1 use cvsup,and i will use
> it to upgrade to 6.1,is it right?

You can do that, or you could instead use the binary upgrade script
which I posted to freebsd-stable about earlier today:
  http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-upgrade-6.0-to-6.1/

Colin Percival