CUPS, USB printers & "Permission Denied"

Rico Secada coolzone at io.dk
Sat Jul 8 18:19:51 UTC 2006

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 12:43:45 -0400
Anthony Agelastos <iqgrande at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I just installed cups from ports and had a similar problem with printing. Normally I haven't got any problems.

The printer is a HL-1430 connected to USB and the error I got was: 'Unable to open USB device "usb:/dev/unlpt0" Permission Denied.'

Now I don't know if this is relevant in any way. After trying all kinds of solutions I finally decided to simply do "chmod 777 /dev/unlpt0", and that solved the problem.

Best and kind regards,
Rico