HP Officejet Printer

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Thu Jul 6 15:53:43 UTC 2006

On 05 Jul Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-OfficeJet_4300
>
> "...these printers are supported by the "hpijs" driver beginning from
> version 1.3. The driver supports resolutions only up to 600 dpi, head
> alignment settings stored in the printer are not made use of, so use a
> one-cartridge (CMY) printing mode in case of mis-alignments...."
>
> "perfectly"?

OK, the definition for perfectly does not agree with my statement.
Otoh, my laserjet uses 600dpi and that is (for normal use) quite good.
If I need higher qualities I use a printshop.
As I understood the OP is a home user and in that sence 600dpi is ok.
As for the heads: you have a point there.
I could live with that and would buy a one-head-cartridge though;-)

And, most importantly (to me), NO cups ;-)

--
dick -- http://nagual.nl/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 +++ The Power to Serve