newfs_msdos - is their an equivalent app with GUI ?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Jul 6 15:49:43 UTC 2006

On 2006-07-06 16:46, Didier Tickell <didier at tickell.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm so un-terminal savy - Is there an app with a GUI that does FAT
> formatting on macs, like the newfs_msdos command you made ?
>
> Thanks for your time
> frustrated person...

The solution to this problem is not, of course, to start slapping GUI
wrappers around newfs_msdos, but to read about newfs_msdos and become
acquainted with its options.

You don't *have* to be ``un-terminal savy'', whatever that means.

Have you tried firing up a terminal, and typing:

	% man newfs_msdos

The manpages are a huge wealth of information, and there are so many
tools that have neat command-line options that it would be a terrible
waste to miss them all because you didn't check the manpages :)