CVS Export truncate files ?

Wed Jul 5 16:38:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

we use cvs for in house developpement of a php web site...

We use "cvs update to sync files", "cvs checkout" when a new employee
need to work on the files, and "cvs export" when we push the changes
to the production web site...

For some reason, we found that "cvs export" truncated a couple of
files which caused parsing errors... I don't see any error message
While it's doing it, I see the following extract:

cvs export: Updating pub/class
U pub/class/class.session.cmd
cvs export: Updating pub/class/html2pdf
cvs export: Updating pub/class/html2pdf/cache
cvs export: Updating pub/class/html2pdf/classes

Is it normal that the class.session only has a "U" in front of the
line instead of "cvs export: Updating"

Am I doing something wrong or is it some sort of bug/limitation with
the cvs export function ?

Thanks