how to enable mod_ssl in apache 2.2

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Wed Jul 5 07:31:43 UTC 2006

On 04 Jul Gerard Seibert wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 July 2006 18:11, jan gestre wrote:
> > hi guys,
> >
> > how do i enable mod_ssl in apache 2.2 in my freebsd 6.1 box so that it
> > listens to port 443 instead of the default port 80? is there a special
> > command like the a2enmod ssl in debian?
>
> I think you just change the 'Listen' directive in the httpd.conf file.

You can. But apache22 comes with a 'special' ssl conf file in the
/usr/local/etc/apache22/extra directory callen httpd-ssl.conf
The port mentioned in there is 443.

Don't forget to remove the # before the rule for this file in httpd.conf
itself, otherwise it won't be read ;-)

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 +++ The Power to Serve