Interrupt using all the CPU

nocturnal nocturnal at swehack.se
Mon Jul 3 09:10:40 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm having a few problems with a webserver. Today the idle was at 0.0
and it's still like this. It doesn't look like it's affecting web
services but it looks weird and i'm afraid that the CPU is working it's
ass off with something. Of course nothing shows up in top or ps that
could indicate which process is taking up all this cpu and since
interrupt is the one using it i'm not even sure anything is actually
using up CPU since i don't know what interrupt is. Any hints or pointers
would be appreciated.

It looks like interrupt and system are fighting for percents, interrupt
has 100% constantly and as soon as interrupt drops system takes exactly
what's left over and sometimes system doesn't do it so idle gets a few
percents. It's weird to me simply because i can't find a description of
what interrupt shows in top anywhere in the manuals.
--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal
[Swehack] http://swehack.se