cannot upgrade

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Sun Jul 2 23:19:31 UTC 2006

On 02/07/06 Michael P. Soulier said:

> Ok, I moved the existing one to .corrupt, and ran pkgdb -fu. Seems to have
> worked.

[Updating the portsdb <format:bdb_btree> in /usr/ports ... - 15088 port
entries found /usr/ports/INDEX-6.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid
argument: Cannot update the portsdb! (/usr/ports/INDEX-6.db)]
database file error
^C
Interrupted.

I ran

cd /usr/ports && make fetchindex

and now I get that.

I'll try a make index instead, but this is looking like portupgrade is broken.

Mike

direction." --Albert Einstein