Portupgrade

E. J. Cerejo edu07643 at yahoo.com.br
Sun Jul 2 21:30:48 UTC 2006

I'm running FreeBSD 6.1 release and after upgrading portupgrade using portupgrade itself I'm getting this message (message bellow) or similar one everytime I run one of the portupgrade commands like pkgdb -u or -F, portversion -L = or portupgrade itself.  Tells me that the database needs to be rebuild, I run portsdb -uU and I get this same error message (message bellow) it rebuilds with portsdb -fuU but still get this same message.

Error Message:

[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument; rebuild needed] [Rebuilding the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument; rebuild needed] [Rebuilding the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument: Cannot update the pkgdb!]: Cannot update the pkgdb!]
Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/local/sbin/pkgdb -aFQ

any clues on how to solve this?

Thanks.

EJC
www.only7bucks.com