Using syslogd to log for BIND

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Sat Jul 1 22:28:01 UTC 2006

I have a nameserver running BIND 9.3.2 on a FreeBSD box running
6.1-RELEASE.  BIND seems to log to /var/log/messages by default and I
would like to change that behavior.  Here's what I've done so far:

syslog.conf

local1.*                                                /var/log/bind/bind.log

*.info;mail.none;cron.none;kern.none;local0.none;local1.none;ftp.none;auth.none;
authpriv.none   /var/log/messages/messages

!named
*.*                                             /var/log/bind/bind.log

named.conf

logging {
        channel my_syslog {
                syslog local1;
                severity info;
        };
};

I am getting the logging into bind.log which is what I want but named
is still logging to /var/log/messages/messages

How do I disable this undesirable behaviour?

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel