WLAN not detected on Acer TM 292ECLi

Ville Lundberg freebsd at juiceless.net
Tue Jan 31 12:51:32 PST 2006

Fabian Keil wrote:
> You could check it with pciconf -lv.

Thanks, this did the trick - it turned out that my laptop does not have
a 2200BG adapter. I must have confused it with another Acer laptop that
I bought and configured for my friend a while ago. pciconf says:
none6 at pci1:2:0:    class=0x028000 card=0x1220185f chip=0x432014e4
rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device   = 'BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller'
    class    = network

so it has the non-supported Broadcom adapter. So sorry for all the noise :)

Google gave hope to get it working with the NDIS wrapper, and sure,
after fighting with it a while, I have a ndis0 adapter now detected.
http://dannyman.toldme.com/2005/01/05/freebsd-howto-ndisulate-windows-drivers/
was of good help - although the info there is outdated for 6.0 - one
should use ndisgen instead.
  --Ville