FTP Automate Shell Script

Angelo Christou christou44 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 22:37:35 PST 2006

> > A .netrc file (read the ftp man page) may work for
> you.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Gavin
>
> If you have shell access on the destination host,
> you can also try mirror.

Thanks for the many suggestions, I will be looking
into them all (.netrc doesn't work yet, still trying).

I am still curious why the password isn't working
though. Is it possible that you can not script this?

The script works by creating the following temp file
and piping it to ftp.

angelo
cd /images
put img00234.jpg img00234.jpg
put img00235.jpg img00235.jpg
put img00236.jpg img00236.jpg
put ftp.sh ftp.sh
quit

I tried -

angelo mysecret
cd /images
put img00234.jpg img00234.jpg
<cut>
put ftp.sh ftp.sh
quit

and

angelo
mysecret
cd /images
put img00234.jpg img00234.jpg
<cut>
put ftp.sh ftp.sh
quit

Neither seem to work. I'm also not sure how to NOT
copy the actual file too :)

Thanks again..
Ang.