mysql & unixodbc

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sun Jan 29 11:45:28 PST 2006

I installed unixodbc & mysql2odbc from the ports system.

The /usr/local/etc files odbc.ini & odbcinst.ini were empty.

A mysql reference says odbcinst.ini should look like this

[MySQL]
Description       = MySQL Driver
Driver            = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc.so
Setup             = /usr/local/lib/libodbcmyS.so
FileUsage         = 1

Problem is locate does not find any libmyo* files any where on my
system.

Reviewing the mysql2odbc install log I see these files were added.

/usr/local/mysql2odbc/libmysqlclient.a
/usr/local/mysql2odbc/libmysqlclient.la
/usr/local/mysql2odbc/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/local/mysql2odbc/libmysqlclient.so.10

Are these my mysql driver files or what?
If so which ones do I use for driver and setup?
Have I selected the wrong ports to install?

Thanks