Firefox 1.5

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 27 09:47:28 PST 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 04:18, Frank Staals wrote:
> Hmm I got a question regarding to Fx 1.5. Has anyone else noticed a
> tremendous slowdown when using 1.5 ? I especially mean when the
> popup-window opens to ask what you want to do with a download (
> save it or open it ) then Fx hangs for about 15 seconds ( while the
> 'ok' button is not clickable ) then It continues again. Also
> Firefox crashed when I tried using an upload function ( to attach a
> file to a post in a forum ).
>
> Anyone else had problems with this ? ( Using Xfce4.2.3.1 with
> gtk2.8.9 here )
This has also been reported by other people including myself.  There
doesn't seem to be any progress on diagnosing the problem.  The only
thing I've been able to notice is that if I run truss on the firefox
process during it's slowdown/hang it shows that firefox is repeatedly
calling the kse_release system call.

--
Anish Mistry