RAM check - Followup question

Philip Juels pjuels at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 27 08:15:44 PST 2006

Curious...the system is a Dell Optiplex GX270...RAM system is PC3200
2x512MB DIMMs in a the dual-channel arrangment.  If I run memtest
against this setup, I get numerous errors.  However, if run memtest with
only one DIMM installed (either one), I get no reported errors.  Would
this still be an issue with the DIMMs or something wrong with the mobo?

PJ

PS...pardon me for asking a hardware question on a FreeBSD list :-)