portupgrade xorg-* -> mouse-wheel stops working under X

George Fazio gfazio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 07:34:42 PST 2006

I had the same issue. My mouse wheel stopped working, and imwheel started
using it for my broswer back/forward (instead of the buttons it's suppose to
use). I was able to get the mouse wheel working again by editing my
xorg.conf file, but I'm still having issues with imwheel which seem to stem
from xmodmap saying my mouse should have 11 buttons and not 7 (which worked
prior to the upgrade).

Not sure what you're configuration is, but I had...

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "Auto"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option "Buttons" "7"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"

I change two lines, and disabled moused in my rc.conf file and killed the
process...

    Option "Device"      "/dev/psm0"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

And, here's my .kde/Autostart/mouse.sh file that starts imwheel (failing
right now) incase anyone has any ideas on this.

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7"
imwheel -k -b "67"

Hope this helps.

Goerge