problem with pango port

Peter Marshall Peter.Marshall at caris.com
Thu Jan 26 07:00:09 PST 2006

Hi,

I was trying to install a different port that needed a newer version of pango.

I went into the pango ports directory, and did a make deinstall.  I thne
downloaded pango version 1.10.2, put it in /usr/ports/distfiles, went into the
pango ports directory, and did a make install clean.

The install failed.  I went to uninstall it, and I got the error at the bottom

I then removed the download from the distfiles directory, did another make
deinstall (which gave an error) and then a make install clean, and I got the
error below again.

===>  Checking if x11-toolkits/pango already installed
pkg_info: package pango-1.10.2 has no origin recorded
===>   pango-1.10.2 is already installed
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of x11-toolkits/pango
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango.

Oh .. and now gaim does not work .. grunt.  Anyway ... Can someone help me get
rid of pango, and then get it installed again.

Thanks
Peter