courier-imap and different logging in jail

Giovanni P. Tirloni gpt at tirloni.org
Tue Jan 24 09:44:58 PST 2006

Hi,

  I installed courier-imap 4.0.6 in a jail recently and it's logging to
/var/log/maillog as 'couriertcpd'. That means I cannot use "!pop3d" and
"!imapd" in syslog.conf to redirect those logs to another file. Strange
enough this isn't how it works in other servers that aren't using jails.

  Could it be related to the jail ? I copied and pasted the same
configuration from another non-jail server to this one.

Thanks in advance,

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni
http://blog.tirloni.org