NFS trouble

David Raison david at ion.lu
Sun Jan 22 12:15:52 PST 2006

> David,

> Could you do ls -l /mnt, and include your fstab as well as your
/etc/exports file? This is very important because maybe the issue lies
with permissions of the files and directories, as well as whether or
not those are the actual mountpoints for the drives, symlinks, or the
like (at least in my case).

> Thanks,

> -Garrett

Hi Garrett,

I've been aware of the symlink problem, but that shouldn't be the cause.
However:

etc/exports:
- ------------------
/mnt/music -mapall=nobody -alldirs,quiet -network 192.168.1.0 -mask
255.255.255.0
/mnt/wd2 -mapall=nobody -alldirs,quiet -network 192.168.1.0 -mask
255.255.255.0
/mnt/wd1 -alldirs,quiet stilgar lusitania localhost
- -------------------
- -------------------

/etc/fstab:
- -------------------
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options
Dump    Pass#
/dev/ar0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ar0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ar0s1e             /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ar0s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ar0s1d             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto,user  0       0

#D.R.  FreeBSD does not support user as an argument for ext2fs
/dev/da0s1              /mnt/music      ext2fs  rw,noauto       0       0
/dev/da1s5              /mnt/wd1        ext2fs  rw,noauto       0       0
/dev/da1s6              /mnt/wd2        ext2fs  rw,noauto       0       0
- -------------------
- -------------------

ls -l /mnt:
root at lusitania# ls -l /mnt/
total 54
drwxrwxr-x  31 nobody   users   4096 Jan 17 18:47 music
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     wheel    512 Jan  5 17:07 stick
drwxr-xr-x   9 kwisatz  users  45056 Jan 19 22:51 wd1
drwxrwxr-x  12 nobody   users   4096 Jan 21 21:38 wd2

which reminds me of the fact, that I cannot mount ext2fs devices as a
regular user. Maybe that is the problem? I'll try a non-external hdd share

D.