Apache 2.0.55_2 mod_dav not working

Brent Kearney brent at kearneys.ca
Sun Jan 22 11:39:13 PST 2006

Hello,

After upgrading apache from 2.0.54 to the latest version, 2.0.55_2, WebDAV
has stopped working.  The mod_dav and mod_dav_fs modules load OK, but the
lock file that is specified in the DavLockDB directive does not get created,
and WebDAV clients cannot connect.

The /server-info page provided by mod_info shows that the DAV modules are active:

Module Name: mod_dav.c
Content handlers: yes
Configuration Phase Participation: Create Directory Config, Merge Directory Configs, Create Server Config, Merge Server Configs
Request Phase Participation: Fixups
Module Directives:
    DAV - specify the DAV provider for a directory or location
    DAVMinTimeout - specify minimum allowed timeout
    DAVDepthInfinity - allow Depth infinity PROPFIND requests
Current Configuration:
    <Location /davtest>
      DAV on
    </Location>

Module Name: mod_dav_fs.c
Content handlers: none
Configuration Phase Participation: Create Server Config, Merge Server Configs
Request Phase Participation: none
Module Directives:
    DAVLockDB - specify a lock database
Current Configuration:
    DAVLockDB /tmp/DAVLock

The <Location> container that I set up is simplified for testing purposes.
The only indicator that something is wrong on the server side is that no
files get created in /tmp, despite the DAVLockDB directive.

I have LogLevel set to "debug", and it doesn't show any errors.  WebDAV was
working fine before the upgrade to 2.0.55.  Does anyone have any ideas as
to what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Brent