trouble with KDE 3.4->3.5 and xorg -> 6.9.0

Don Hinton don.hinton at vanderbilt.edu
Sun Jan 22 09:04:19 PST 2006

Hi Peter:

On Sunday 22 January 2006 10:43, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
> On 6.0-STABLE, after doing a portupgrade of KDE and xorg according to
> UPDATING, I cannot start X as non-root. I've cleared /tmp, removed old
> files in home directory created by to KDE and xorg but problem persists.
>
> I'm currently out of ideas and would really appriciate a hint, thanks.

I ran into this the other day.  I can't remember all the steps I took, most
were probably unneccesary anyway, but I think the key was forcefully
rebuilding/reinstalling kdebase.  Try portupgrade -fN kdebase and see if that
works for you.  I ended up rebuilding practically everything, but that
shouldn't be necessary.

hth...
don

--
Don Hinton <don.hinton at vanderbilt.edu>      tel: 615.480.5667
ISIS, Vanderbilt University                  skype: donhinton