out of swap?

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Fri Jan 20 08:20:34 PST 2006

Hey people,

I'm running 5.4, and I just found a ton of these in my daily security run.

kanga.digitaltorque.ca kernel log messages:
> swap_pager_getswapspace(6): failed
> swap_pager_getswapspace(5): failed
> swap_pager_getswapspace(3): failed
> swap_pager_getswapspace(3): failed
> swap_pager_getswapspace(3): failed
> swap_pager_getswapspace(4): failed

I'm running jdk 1.4.2 and tomcat 5.5.9, and I noticed that it was down
this morning. My swap is fine now.

[msoulier at kanga ~]$ swapinfo
Device          1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity
/dev/ad0s1b        482120    66268   415852    14%

So I'm assuming that there's a memory leak in jdk 1.4.2, and it slowly
used up all my memory.

Sound right?

Mike
--Albert Einstein