How to install x-windows in freeBSD

Benjamin Thelen bt at ccgis.de
Wed Jan 18 01:57:55 PST 2006

Hi Anirban,

a very good place to start is the handbook, chapter 5. Most important is
to know the monitor specifications, video adapter chipset, the video
adapter memory and to create a initial xorg.conf with

Xorg -configure

If you've done this already and still hung, you need to supply detailed
information to the list.

Best,
Ben