I killed my Flash player 7 in Konqueror

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Tue Jan 17 05:43:35 PST 2006

I've had Flash 7 running in Konqueror for months and months, and yesterday I
started playing with libmap.conf to see if I could get it working in Firefox.
(I didn't realise you need to patch the base system to do that.)

Now Konqueror refuses to play Flash and I can't make it pickup the plugin.

Obviously I have all the software I need installed, and I didn't play with any
file locations, so logically it MUST be libmap.conf.  I've attached my latest
effort below, which is based
on /usr/local/share/examples/linuxpluginwrapper/libmap.conf-FreeBSD6

root at alfie# cat /etc/libmap.conf
# Flash7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
[/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0                 pluginwrapper/flash7.so
libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash7.so
libz.so.1                       libz.so.3
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        libstdc++.so.5
libm.so.6                       libm.so.4
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash7.so

I still have /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7 in my Konqueror Netscape
Plugins but it won't show up.

I'd be very very grateful for any help because the company I support runs
their whole business on a Flash 7 app so I'm a bit stuck without it

Cheers
Ashley