syslog logging recommendation

Bill Schmitt (SW) software at schmittnet.com
Tue Jan 17 03:57:55 PST 2006

I'm looking for a recommendation for capturing syslogs from my small
network. Specifically, initially I'd like to capture the syslog from my
Netgear router and store it on my FreeBSD machine. Later I'd add other
machines on the network. I've seen msyslog in the ports, but there's
virtually no information on it out there. I've also seen syslog-ng,
which looks promising. I'd like to store the information in mySQL. I'd
appreciate any recommendations and/or pointers to pages with setup examples.

Thanks,

Bill