unable to build ntp

BSD Questions user bsdq at gilmer.org
Mon Jan 16 18:49:07 PST 2006

Thanks everyone for the help.  For the archive:
I went to /usr/src/contrib/ntp/ntpdate and edited ntpdate.c.  I searched for
'host found' and changed the stderror to stdout.  I then went to /usr/src/usr.sbin/ntp and performed a make install clean.  Problem solved; the new 'host found' messages now go to stdout, just like all the other messages, so I can dump them to /dev/null, but 'host not found' error messages still show up as mail to root.

Brad