Need help getting OpenOffice to work on FreeBSD 6.0-release

umagnum338 at netscape.net umagnum338 at netscape.net
Mon Jan 16 15:48:36 PST 2006

I installed the package for OpenOffice 2.0 for FreeBSD 6.0 (which needed openssl-beta, which I installed).  Now, when trying to run OpenOffice I get:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libuno_sal.so.3" not found, required by "javaldx"
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libvcl680fi.so" not found, required by "soffice.bin"

I put symlinks in /usr/local/lib to these files using their names (i.e. the symlinks are the same names as the files), the files were installed to:

/usr/local/openoffice.org2.0.0/program

So, I figured that ldconfig would take care of everything on the next bootup.  Well, I'm still getting the same problem.  I did ldconfig -r | grep <for_the_files>.  ldconfig knows about "libuno_sal.so.3" but not "libvcl680fi.so".  I suspect it's because libvcl680fi.so doesn't follow the lib<something>.so.[0-9] convention being looked for (as is spelled out in the man page).

So, my question is simple.  Can anyone help me get OpenOffice running?

Thanks,
Andy

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.