Unable to make buildkernel (fresh cvsup to RELENG_6)

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Mon Jan 16 07:28:10 PST 2006

Laurence Sanford <lauasanf at wilderness.homeip.net> writes:

> I'm upgrading a 5.4 machine to 6. I can buildworld successfully, but
> attempting to make buildkernel fails:
>
> HEADERS -I. -I@ -I@/contrib/altq -I@/../include -I/usr/include
> -I/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/Colossus
> /usr/src/sys/modules/ti/../../pci/if_ti.c
> /usr/src/sys/modules/ti/../../pci/if_ti.c:2536:35: macro
> "VLAN_INPUT_TAG" requires 4 arguments, but only 3 given
> mkdep: compile failed
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/ti.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/Colossus.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>
> Yes, it's a customer kernel, however, it's worth noting that GENERIC
> has failed in exactly the same place with the same error. Any
> suggestions?

Looks like you're pulling in /usr/include/net/if_vlan_var.h instead of
/usr/src/sys/net/if_vlan_var.h.  Do you have CPATH or C_INCLUDE_PATH
set in the environment?

If not, maybe you have some stale files around, or an incorrectly
updated source tree.  Make sure you have the correct
/usr/src/sys/net/if_vlan_var.h, and try again with a pristine /usr/obj.

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/