memory error with asr-utils built from ports

Adam Bayless adam at baylessfamily.org
Sat Jan 14 23:24:50 PST 2006

I've got a 6.0-release machine with the following controller:

asr0: <Adaptec Caching SCSI RAID> mem 0xd0000000-0xd1ffffff irq 18 at device 2.1 on pci2
asr0: ADAPTEC 2100S FW Rev. 370F, 1 channel, 256 CCBs, Protocol I2O

I've built the asr-utils port and it works great for a few days but then starts
giving me this error when I run "/usr/local/dpt/raidutil -a d0b0t0d0"

Shared Memory Allocation Failed, To Size = 400, From Size = fc00, Errno = 1c
Shared Memory Allocation Failed, To Size = 400, From Size = fc00, Errno = 1cEngine
connect failed: COMPATILITY number

If I reboot the machine it works for a few more days.

It's an older controller and oldish software but I would like to be able to keep tans
on the array in this machine without having to reboot every few days. Anybody got any
ideas?

Thanks,

Adam