Ummm... Why can't I find the FreeBSD 6.0 ISO images?

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Fri Jan 13 21:38:50 PST 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:15:59 -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Unable to confirm:

<snip>

Okay.  Now I'm really bewildered.  But apparently the problem is on my
Mac.

On a lark, I tried another system.  This one is my OpenBSD system that
I use for routing.  It's pulling down the ISO just fine.

This system is, where I originally tried it, is:

Darwin thunder.cybernude.org 8.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.4.0: Tue Jan  3 18:22:10 PST 2006; root:xnu-792.6.56.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh unknown PowerBook5,1 Darwin

And this is where it failed.  It has wget version:

GNU Wget 1.8.1

Copyright (C) 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Originally written by Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic at arsdigita.com>.

But ncftp and Safari's invocation of Finder also failed.

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell at parts-unknown.org
---