cups at bootup

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Fri Jan 13 08:03:36 PST 2006

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:30:01 +0000
Robert Slade <bsd at bathnetworks.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 15:00, Andrew L. Gould wrote:
> > After a complete system and port upgrade, cups does not start at
> > bootup. During bootup, I see the following line:
> >
> > Usage: cups {reload|restart|start|status|stop}
> >
> > The command 'ps ax | grep cups' returns nothing. If I start cups as
> > root manually ('/usr/local/etc/rc.d/cups.sh start'), the cupsd
> > scheduler is started successfully and I can print.
> >
> > Where should I look for the problem during bootup?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andrew Gould
>
> Check the cups entry in /etc/rc.conf
>
> Rob

Okay, I have 'cupsd_enable="YES"' in /etc/rc.conf, and cups starts at
bootup; but in addition to "cups: started scheduler", I still get the
message mentioned above.

The "cups: started scheduler" message appears after "Local package
initialization:".

The "Usage: cups {reload|restart|start|status|stop}" message appears
after "Starting usbd." and "Starting ddclient.", but prior to "Local
package initialization:".

'"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice'

Andrew Gould