XFree86 on FreeBSD 5.4

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:52:22 PST 2006

On 1/13/06, offbyone <offbyone at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Andrew P. -
> Thanks for the reminder about pkgtools.conf.
> But about FreeBSD 6...
> I still see a lot of complaints of headaches from people using 6, here
> and on the -Stable mailing list, so I'm dubious.

The -stable mailing list has a purpose of diminishing the
dubiousness, yet it has an opposite effect on some people.
If you really feel uncertain because of it, I'd advise to
unsubcribe.

Besides, I'm not asking you to run -current or -stable and
help community with any precious input. I just say that
there was enough effort to make 6.0-RELEASE a better
thing to run for almost all of us.

My $.02 as always.