Help with panic: vm_fault

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Fri Jan 13 06:56:35 PST 2006

"N.J. Thomas" <njt at ayvali.org> writes:

> * Brad Marsh <budojeepr at yahoo.com> [2006-01-12 11:09:29 -0800]:

> > or singly, not in pairs...
>
> This should never be the case. If your memory is acceptable one module
> at a time, why wouldn't the system accept two?

Capacitive loading, for one reason.  Not common, but I've certainly
seen it (particularly with lower-end machines a couple or so years
back).  And since different brands of memory modules will have
different capacitances (and there may be some variation even among
"identical" units), it may not be easy to reproduce.

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/