php5 and apache2?

gandalf gandalf at messias.qhigh.com
Fri Jan 13 01:10:08 PST 2006

Andrew L. Gould wrote:

>I just finished upgrading via portupgrade and found that I now have
>both apache13 and apache2 installed. Upon examination of the php5 port, I've found
>that the "WITH_APACHE2=YES" option is no longer available.
>
>I'd like to stick with apache2 since I had everything working nicely
>(php5, webdav, ssl, etc).
>
>Any advice?

I had the same problem before. I suppose you used portupgrade to install
binary packages, right?
The php5 package depends on apache13, this is why portupgrade installed
apache13.
You should deinstall php5 and apache13. Then refresh your ports tree.
Finally, reinstall php5 from the ports:

cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
make
make install
cd /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions
make
make install

This will detect your apache2 installation and will compile with apache2.

Best,

   Les