missing /dev/dsp

SPYRIDON PAPADOPOULOS SP373 at student.apu.ac.uk
Thu Jan 12 09:59:29 PST 2006

Hi,

What pciconf -lv says? Can you find your card there?

BIOS updates are known to make things better, but there are few chances to cause such problems, in which case you can go back to a previous version.
Before you think of that however, find and read what the new version they installed, is fixing. Be sure before start messing with the bios.