replacement for Acrobat Professional?

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Jan 10 22:00:06 PST 2006

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>On Tuesday, 10 January 2006 at 17:26:17 -0500, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

>>>A printer and a red biro out of the question?
>>>

>>It's worked for me for twenty years now.
>>
>>Emailing them back to five or six people so they can make further
>>comments is the hard part.  :-)
>>

>It looks as if people have missed the point that you want to edit
>PDFs.  If you find a good solution, will you post it, please?
>
>Greg

Well, I think Denny had it pretty well when he said:
       "http://www.freebsdsoftware.org/print/flpsed.html"

#grep -i PDF /usr/ports/print/flpsed/pkg-descr
Using pdftops, which is part of xpdf one can convert PDF documents to
    * Import and export PDF.  Therefore it can be used as a PDF editor.

It's up to Michael, though, to tell us how well it works, I suppose.  No
package in packages-6-current/Latest, so I'm building from src, and
headed for bed before it gets done I imagine.

Kevin Kinsey

--
Zero Mostel: That's it baby!  When you got it, flaunt it!  Flaunt it!
		-- Mel Brooks, The Producers