libgphoto2 and USB camera

scuba at centroin.com.br scuba at centroin.com.br
Mon Jan 9 11:32:30 PST 2006

Hi all,

 	I'm trying to use my digital camera with gphoto2, but the software
is not listing the usb devices.

 	When I plug the came it's identified:

ugen0: Canon Inc. Canon Digital Camera, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2

 	But the gphoto2 is only showing the serial ports.
 	I notice that the only file at the location it's shearching is:

/usr/local/lib/gphoto2_port/0.5.1/libgphoto2_port_serial.so

 	And, yes. The Camera is supported.

 	I think there is something tho do with usb setup.
 	I followed the procedures to make the devs accessible by me (not
only root).

 	This is the output of usbdevs:

usbdevs
addr 1: OHCI root hub, SiS
  addr 2: Canon Digital Camera, Canon Inc.
addr 1: OHCI root hub, SiS

 	Any clue?

- Marcelo